Today on the show We have Isaac Daly aka Shrek from the Noob Spearo Podcast The Podcast show interviewing spearfishing experts, authorities and characters from all over the world. We dial in on the experience and wisdom from a diverse bunch of spearos from all over the globe. From spearfishing in the cold waters of the North Sea and Arctic to the clear, tropical waters of the great barrier reef, we find spearos with tips to help you improve your spearfishing. Listen into Isaac ‘Shrek’ Daly and Levi ‘Turbo’ Brown on the Noob Spearo Podcast free Find out more at http://www.noobspearo.com.
Kickstarter Noob Spearo http://www.noobspearo.com/the-vault-blog/noob-spearo-on-kickstarter/
Healthy IQ uses science and data to secure lower rates on life insurance for health conscious people. Like runners, cyclists, strength trainers, vegans and more…To see if you qualify and get a quote today head to healthiq.com/FNP Coupon code healthIQ/FNP
Spearos and freedivers have really started travelling. I’ve heard of a few and this article about freediving equipment to take to Antartica really shows its growing in popularity. Its not all about crystal clear warm water and coral, every marine environment is special and often worthy of more attention.
- New Underwater Drone – The Gladius
- https://spearfishing.com.au/products/gladius-pro?utm_campaign=8101_Friday%209th%20March%20Gladius%20Drone&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Adreno%20Spearfishing&dm_i=4GRF,691,5R5AF,DFL,1 https://spearfishing.com.au/products/gladius-pro
- Marianas Micronesia
- AguaNegra https://www.reelhouse.org/dock6films/agua-negra/purchase/buy
Beginner’s guide to Spearfishing
How do we get started?
- Know how to swim! Learn to hold breath—breath training–free diving course
- Find a friend or community – Noob Spearo FB group – Forums and social media
- before you buy equipment – local is king
- Dive with different people and different places – Diversity
- 5. Find a consistent source of good information
What gear do we need?
- Wetsuit (open cell and not a surfing suit)
- Silicone weight belt
- Long freediving fins
- Gloves and booties
- 1+ dive knives (on your weightbelt if possible)
- Dive float and flag + floatline
Is it expensive? Total cost of reasonable equipment (some second hand) $800+
How do we stay safe? Always dive with a buddy. Its more fun anyway. Do a freediving course, be prepared for slow and steady improvement, have fun and the fish will come!
If you want to point them to a really comprehensive list of great spearfishing blog posts, articles and interviews then this is our best one. http://www.noobspearo.com/the-vault-blog/get-started-spearfishing-guide/